As part of our quality-monitoring programme, which is applied to all Day’s Rental vehicles, we have been notified by the PSA group, (Citroen, Peugeot & Vauxhall) that they have identified that all 2018/19 Partner’s, Berlingo’s and Combo vans passenger front outer seatbelts of your vehicle may not operate correctly and retain the passenger sufficiently in the case of a high speed accident.
To avoid such a risk, we recommend that you immediately do not use the passenger seat and outer seatbelt in your vehicle until it can be reworked by your local PSA dealer. Parts will be available from Jan 2020.
This issue affects only the front passenger outer seatbelt. If your vehicle is equipped with a dual front passenger seat, the centre seating position and central seatbelt can still be used without any limitations.
Until the required replacement seatbelt has been installed on your vehicle you must:
1. Seek a replacement from Day’s Rental, subject to availability. Or,
2. Not allow the front passenger seat to be used with immediate effect and supply a disclaimer to DR to that effect.
Please immediately notify all users of the affected vehicle that the front passenger seat must not be used.
PSA are currently organising the supply of the required replacement seatbelt assemblies to enable us to start reworking all affected vehicles. As soon as the necessary parts are available, we will make contact and ask you to take your vehicle to your local dealer to have the seatbelt assembly replaced. If you have any questions please contact your local Day’s Rental location. https://www.daysrental.co.uk/locations
This pre notification campaign is being conducted according to the code of practice for safety recall operations agreed between the Motor Industry and the Department for Transport (DFT), it is being monitored by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), an agency of the Department for Transport.
We thank you for your understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Day’s Rental Managing Director.
Front Passenger Seatbelt issue on Citroën Berlingo - Peugeot Partner/Rifter – Vauxhall Combo
§ Front Passenger Outer Seatbelt load limiter is not correct to specification for vehicles that are NOT fitted with a Passenger Airbag. The lower tension threshold for the seatbelt load limiter is set too low for the outer front passenger seatbelt
§ The Outer Passenger Seat Belt, therefore, may not retain the passenger sufficiently in case of a high impact accident
§ Affected vehicles built from July 2018 to November 2019 – ( All vehicles without passenger airbag until 08/11/2019)
§ Rectification – Replacement of Passenger Front Seatbelt Assembly
§ All unsold vehicles will be blocked under campaign code JSX / GZW / E191904470 and MUST NOT BE HANDED OVER TO THE END CUSTOMER UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN REWORKED
§ A Pre-Notification Customer Warning Campaign Letter – JTA / GZZ / E191904472 will be sent to all affected customers informing them NOT TO USE THE PASSENGER OUTER SEATBELT/SEAT until the vehicle is reworked (to be actioned 28/11/19)
§ Product Safety Recall will be launched to rework affected vehicles as soon as parts are available – (Expected to be launched Jan 2020)
What Models are involved?
· Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Partner/Rifter – Vauxhall Combi models manufactured without the passenger airbag option.
What is the manufacturing period concerned?
· July 2018 to Start of November 2019
What is the issue?
· The passenger side outer seatbelt may not retain the passenger sufficiently in case of an accident due to the seatbelt reel load limiting device being set too low to fully retain the
What is risk?
· The seat belt may not retain the passenger sufficiently in case of a high impact accident.
Is it a safety recall?
· Yes, it is a safety recall.
Is the vehicle safe to drive? Why?
· It is safe to drive the vehicle; however, to avoid any risk, the passenger outer seatbelt and seat MUST not be used until the vehicle has been reworked.
· This issue affects only the front passenger seat outer seatbelt. If the vehicle is equipped with a dual front passenger seat, the centre seat position and centre seatbelt can be used without limitation.
Are you asking me to stop using the vehicle? (Individual customers)
· It is safe to drive the vehicle; however, to avoid any risk, the passenger outer seatbelt and seat MUST not be used until the vehicle has been reworked. This issue affects only the front passenger outer seatbelt (mounted on the Vehicle B-Post). If your vehicle is equipped with a dual front passenger seat, the centre seat position and centre seatbelt can be used without limitation.
Are you asking me to stop using the vehicle? (Rental and fleet customers)
· It is safe to drive the vehicle; however, to avoid any risk, the passenger outer seatbelt and seat MUST not be used until the vehicle has been reworked. This issue affects only the front passenger outer seatbelt (mounted on the Vehicle B-Post). If your vehicle is equipped with a dual front passenger seat, the centre seat position and centre seatbelt can be used without limitation
The Customer is not prepared to drive the vehicle as they need to carry passengers
· A loan vehicle should be provided to the customer. This must be provided at No Cost to the customer. The Cost will be reimbursed as part of the Safety recall when it is launched
· Requests should be made to S&G Response (PCD) / Europcar (OV) if you are unable to supply a replacement vehicle from your courtesy vehicle fleet. S&G Response (PCD) have access to franchise model vehicles around the UK, and will provide vehicles at the maximum daily rate published in Service box. To utilise this service, the Approved Repairer must sign and return an Agreement Form and Dealer Implementation Forms included within Parts & Service Newsletter 1615 / Organisation Bulletin 5 No 833, or contact Mark Sturdy Tel 07831 537794 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· The loan period could potentially be up to 3 months depending on parts availability. If using S&G Response, the Recall Reference should be included in the Booking Reference with the requesting dealer’s Dealer Code. Other local rental companies can also be used but the dealer will only be reimbursed at the agreed Rates published in Practical Information within Service Box.
The Fleet want to provide their own replacement vehicle?
· This is not a problem. The Fleet Customer will need to provide an invoice at the end of the loan period, which will need to be paid by the Authorised Repairer and claimed back via SAGAI as part of the Safety Recall repair claim. Details will be sent to you once the Safety Recall is launched in January 2020 of how to claim
What is the agreed daily rate which can be claimed?
· We will reimburse the stated rate for the loan vehicle as stated in Service Box. For example, the rate for a Partner / Berlingo sized vehicle is £28 per Day. Please refer to Practical Information in the Warranty – Service Contract Section of Service Box for more details on rates etc….
· A van from a different category can be supplied if it is the only option and claimed at the rate for the supplied vehicle
The Customer Does Not want a Loan Vehicle but is Asking For Compensation?
· If the Customer is prepared to continue to use the vehicle and there is a signed confirmation from them that they will not use the Passenger Seatbelt/Seat. You can provide one of the following support offerings:
· Extend the warranty on the vehicle for a further year with an extended warranty package provided to the customer free of charge. The cost should be claimed back against the safety recall when it is launched in January 2020
· Provide compensation up to the value of £300 and claim against the safety recall when it is launched. This option should be used if the vehicle already has an extended warranty.
Only one option should be offered to a customer, and only one option can be claimed back against the safety recall when it is launched.
If a customer cannot be managed with the above options or a loan vehicle, please contact Customer Care but only for exceptional cases.
How was the issue detected?
· The issue was discovered during a routine quality control process on the seatbelts.
What is precisely the difference between the seatbelt fitted to the affected vehicles and the new seatbelt?
· The retention force of the new seat belt load limiter in the seatbelt reel assembly is higher than the seatbelt fitted to the affected vehicles
How do I check if a vehicle is concerned?
· Enter the VIN in eRECA / GWM and if one of the following campaigns are displayed the vehicle is affected:
1. Vehicle Commercial Blockage - JSX / GZW / E191904470
2. Pre-Notification Customer Warning Campaign - JTA / GZZ / E191904472
The customer says they do not want the van anymore?
· Propose a mobility solution to the customer or offer either a warranty extension or £300 compensation/voucher.
· If this is not accepted raise a case with Customer Care to help you manage the customer
How will customers be informed?
· A letter will be sent to all affected customers making them aware of the situation and the actions they should take. If they need further information or support, they will be directed to contact their local dealer. The letter will be sent by registered post.
Contact for help and assistance?
Recall Department - PCD · Simon Owen Tel: 02476 884201 E-mail: Simon.email@example.com · Robert Ellison Tel: 02476 884126 E-mail: Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org
Warranty Department · Darren Hale Tel: 02476 884836 E-mail: Darren.email@example.com · Mark Hastings Tel: 02476 884032 E-mail: Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org
Recall Department - Vauxhall · Chris Emerson Tel: 01582 900587 Email email@example.com
· Gary Tebbutt Tel: 01582 900652 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Andy Jackson Tel: 01582 900561 Email email@example.com
· Jim O’Connor Tel 01582 900446 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why can the vehicles that are registered still be driven when the passenger seatbelt is not used, but we will not release vehicles that are unsold.
· The unsold vehicles cannot be sold with a known fault. This is not the same as registered vehicles were the vehicle has been sold and we now have to manage a situation
Is there a video explaining the Recall?
· A specific video is available on the Academy Learning System by copy/pasting the link below into your browser. https://passext.mpsa.com/authenticate.do?TARGET=https://psa.csod.com/LMS/LoDetails/DetailsLo.aspx?loid=516e7585-37e8-4f01-a73d-6b88a26b2a92&back=https%3A%2F%2Fpsa.csod.com%2FLMS%2Fadmin%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.aspx%23b%3D1#t=1